June 14, 2008

Celtics' defense will be a key...


I can say that the Game 4 of the current NBA Finals, won by the Boston Celtics, was one of the greatest comebacks in the leagues finals' history. Rallying from a 24-point deficit and sealed the game with a victory infront of a stunned audience, that was awesome! It's a defense-to-offense game by the Celtics; well their defense, spearheaded by Kevin Garnett, was great.

Well, to be honest, I like both teams. I had always time to browse the internet to read about the C's especially when the Big Three emerged. I've always believed that they will reach the Eastern Conference Finals and that it's either the Detroit Pistons or the Cleveland Cavaliers that they will face. I've imagined Paul Pierce doing the offense, Ray Allen as a playmaker, and of course KG on defense; they will be champions! On the other hand, at first place, I predicted the Los Angeles lakers and the Houston Rockets will meet at the Western Conference Finals; well I was half-correct.

As I've observed, and I know everyone did, it's the Celtics defense that helped them earn a one-more-win advantage to become the NBA Champions. It's the defense that made Kobe Bryant and the Lakers lose their rhythm of the game, especially their shooting rhythm. On the last quarter, the Lakers had open shots but they missed them.

In Game 5 what will happen will happen. The Celtics will just play their good game; involve all of the Big Three and the other guys in both offense and defense then it will be their time to wear that champions' ring. If Phil Jackson will come up to a better play to counter the defense of the Celtics, and if Kobe Bryant will playing another MVP-worthy game then they can force a Game 6.

2008 Olympics

 
ss_blog_claim=23d592cdcebe84ec34086ba12ebb4639