June 18, 2008

NBA Champions Once Again!


I was on my way to the office this morning in a taxi, already late, but what I was thinking is that if I can make it early to watch the Game 6 of the NBA Finals. All of a sudden, after the taxi driver turned on the radio, I heard the DJ announced the current score of the game and I was shocked by it; the Boston Celtics are leading for about 30 points and it's already in the 3rd quarter. I thought about my colleagues and their reactions on what's happening on that game; may be the Lakers' fans are dead silence now and the Celtics' fanatics are jumping with excitement, rejoicing! I already know and accepted that with that lead the Boston Celtics will be the NBA Champions again after 22 long years.

As I entered the office I already heard noise; every shot made by the Boston players I heard shouting, trash talks! I sat and watched with my office mates as the game was still in progress but the outcome is already predicted, the Cs will win! The lead is still a long way for Kobe and the Lakers to cope with but Ray Allen and his teammates just won't stop sinking those shots. The hometown crowd are going crazy! Finally their great team are on top again. How sweet it could be winning the crown in your hometown? For Boston, the sweetest!
At last, Boston was able to win the game and returned to glory. They've waited 22 years, it's their 17th NBA championship and first since 1986. The final score for the final game was 131-92; the Cs biggest lead for all the games that they've won for the series. Paul Pierce was the Finals MVP.

I saw the tears of joy flowing from Kevin Garnett's eyes while he was being interviewed. He will be wearing his first ever NBA Champions ring for his entire 12 year NBA career. Same with Ray Allen and Pierce, this is also their first NBA Champions experience. On the other hand, It was a very good season for the LA Lakers despite being the best in the West, they got their Season MVP as well. Kobe Bryant's career is always shining, he is one of the best players of the league (now being compared by some critics to the legendary Michael Jordan). Well I hope he will still be on-top of his games next season and helped his team reach the Finals again.

The question now is whether the Celtics' Big Three will still be playing together and continue their journey of being part of the circle of the greatest player in the NBA? Will they continue bringing excitement to their fans in every game? Will they continue being a threat to other teams? These will all be answered next season. The NBA 2008-09 season will be exciting, satisfaction guaranteed!

2008 Olympics

 
ss_blog_claim=23d592cdcebe84ec34086ba12ebb4639